Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Shadow Man Experience

By: Shelly

My name is Shelly from WI. I've had an experience with one of these so called "shadow ghosts" (or whatever they are) when i was 14-15 years old. I'm very sceptical when it comes to ghosts, and these TV shows that are on now like "ghost hunters" make me feel stupid for talking about it because, in my opinion, they are fake. I've only seen this "thing" once but I know what I saw and I cannot explain it in my mind. My cousin spent the night at my parents house so we all camped out in my bedroom. I was laying on the end of my bed, on my stomach, talking to my cousin and my sister who were on sleeping bags on the floor below me. I had not taken any medication nor was I sleep deprived. It was not a dream and I sure as hell did not imagine it. We had all the lights out except for a nightlight in the hallway bathroom that let light into the hallway (so that if we had to get up in the middle of the night we could see to use bathroom). I must have looked up into the hallway at the right time because i saw a three dimentional human form walk out of my bathroom and head down the stairs. This is not something I saw out of the corner of my eye. It was not see through, nor did it look like a mist. This man (I'm assuming it was a man because it was about 7 feet tall) was pitch black. Even from the light I could see no color from clothing, no flesh color to the face/hands. My first thought that it was my dad, but there are a few problems with that theory...1.) Why would my dad use the upstairs bathroom when there is a bathroom downstairs? 2.) Why wouldn't my dad turn the hall light on? 3.) The stairs creek when ANYONE goes down them and the stairs were not creeking when this figure went down them. 4.) there was enough light in the hallway to be able to see skin tone/ color of clothing..so why was this thing all black?? 5.) My dad is not 7 feet tall.
I got up and closed my bedroom door, asked my sister and my cousin if they saw it (they said they had not). At that time, I had no education on shadow people nor did I know of anyone that had seen anything like it either. I asked my dad the next morning if he was upstairs at all last night. He said that he was not and asked why he would even bother going upstairs. I'm really curious to find out what exactly what that was that I saw. I never saw it again after that but It was real, whatever it was. please, if you have any information, email me at shelly1984@charter.net.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well there is another dememion out there,figures, orbs, a glint of someone not here all around, a trip to gettysburg, pa would open your eyes

Annie Balfour said...

http://anniehaunting.blogspot.com/ read this im bloody terrified!

Anonymous said...

did it have a hat on? My entire family has seen the same thing as well as numerous people around the world. if so what you saw was a figure some call Hat Man. Yes, i know, its a ridiculous name. Do research on it. i dont want to take up alot of room with all that i know about it.

Anonymous said...

I have seen things like this ever since I was a child. Not all the time, just now and then. Most of the ones I see are like vapor and are somewhat transparent - sometimes. People tell me they are poltergeists. I am 59 years old now and I still don't know what they are. I figure they are either demons, ghosts, or angelic beings. I just don't know. I just know that I have seen a lot of them....... If anyone ever figures out what they are I would like to know.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen a shadow ghost, but your story is very credible to me. Most people don't think of some of the things you mentioned..such as if there was light why did the apparition have no color. good luck/

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning and they was a tall man watching me he turned his head away from me and stuck at step away from me then he vanished but since then iv bin finding white feathers round my house i avent had any windows or door open and do not own any thing with feathers because im allergic to them can any one tell me what this means

Anonymous said...

When i was a young teen only 10 - 12 years ago we lived in a flat (outskirts of London) me my brother and mum and we all have seen what we called shadowman which was always seen walking past darkened doorways where no other lights were on behind it, i personally saw it quite a few times from sitting on the living room sofa watching T.V out the "corner of my eyes"(like so many people have claimed) as did my brother and mum who i think also claimed to see it from her bedroom we called it shadowman because it was just a black figure obviously we only ever see it for split seconds so can't really make out much detail. then one time i was in my bedroom i jumped onto my bed and looked out of my door across the hallway was the door leading into the kitchen directly opposite and leaning from round the wall where the kitchen bent off was the shadowman top half just head and shoulders as if he was standing in the kitchen leaning around the wall looking out of the kitchen door, i see him for at least a second or so before he seemed to lean back behind the wall. that was to only time i see him still and not walking past the doorways it was kinda freaky and still gives me the chills when i think about it, it was so weird, it was almost like he was peeping from the kitchen which was obviously dark so no one else was in there and then when i see him he leaned back behind the wall. We don't live in the place anymore and i personally have not seen anything spiritual since but i know what i saw and after watching a few eerie videos online tonight then searching for ghost sightings and then searching for "shadowman" in google i was shocked to see how popular these sightings are and how shadowman is how everyone else has labeled it and thought i would tell me story. iv tryed to describe it the best way i could.

Anonymous said...

Hi my ghost story is quite similar to one that has already
Been written.but it was not a shadow type figure it was a lot more clear.I was renting a place in jindubine with an ex girlfriend of mine about five years ago It was a very old house looking over jindubine lake.when it was
Just me home alone.I always felt this wired presence like someone was behind me I kept on having to look back to see if there was somthing there but nothing was.It only happened when leaving the basement.Two months after moving into the house me and ex girlfriend decided to go to bed early after a massive day at work.I was having a good sleep but for some strange reason i woke up to find a young women sitting at the end of my side of the bed she was just Steering at me I could not move at all we just kept on looking at another she was half naked I could see her face quite clearly but her body was not she had a sad look on her face it felt like I had done rong by her after she stopped looking at me she got up and turned away and slowly drifted through the wall.I was Abel to move after she lifted if I had been alone I would have shat the gears but my girlfriend was next to me.