Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Haunted chair

By: Florida Mom

My daughter spotted a cute wicker chair in perfect condition sitting at our neighborhood dumpster. She brought it home, washed it and put it in the corner of her bedroom. Immediately, she started to feel like someone was in the room with her and she had trouble sleeping. She said she could feel someone standing over her when she was in bed. She finally got too spooked by it and decided to throw it away. I thought that a simple chair couldn't possibly be haunted so I put it in my room for a nice reading chair. I immediately started feeling the same thing - I could sense someone unfamiliar to me in my room. Not threatening but not warm or friendly either. Then one night, I was in the shower and I heard a loud rap on the closed bathroom door - like something hard had been thrown against the door. I turned off the shower and opened the curtain to see who was there - the bathroom door (which had been closed and latched) was standing wide open. I called for my daughter to see if she was looking for me but she didn't answer. I wrapped up in a towel and went out to the living room to see where she was. She was at the computer with her headphones on, just as she was when I went into the shower. There was no one else in the house and all doors and windows were locked from the inside. I got rid of the chair that night and all strange occurences and feelings have stopped.

No comments: