Friday, April 6, 2012

My First Shadow Man Experience

by Kelly Reddinger:

I am trying to figure out the meaning behind seeing a shadow person. I just had my first full experience with one last night and all day today all i can do is go over the encounter over and over again in my mind, and its just as terrifying each time i think of it. Last night i was coming out of my bathroom and i had a long body mirror leaning against my wall in front of me ( I use it to get ready every morning-full length mirror). And around the corner in the mirror there was a Shadow Person that must have been 6'7"-7 foot tall. THIS ENTITY WAS HUGE! And it was literally around a small corner from where I was standing. I of course stared directly at it and it just stayed there in stunned believe and fear of the reflection, this thing had no face, just a head and shoulders, no features or colors to it other than BLACK and i felt in danger, i stared directly at this thing trying to analyze what i could of its shape and just what it was...(im mad at myself now though because looking back i realize that i froze in fright and had my phone in my hand and should have taken a picture and also for some reason unknown to myself i never looked down to see the bottom portion of this entity...i was fixated on its head and shoulders...i was purely intimidated by what i was seeing and wanted to make sure i could react if it started to move closer to me). So after around 20-25 seconds of analyizing this being i looked away on purpose to make sure i could justify if it was somehow a shadow play in my room....i purposley did not move a muscle in the rest of my body so my position didnt change, and turned my head for a brief instant and looked back....and it was gone....then i panicked...i honestly think i was more frightened knowing it had completely disappeared then actually trying to figure out what it was......I feel very uncomfortable today just thinking of it and i honestly NEVER EVER EVER want to experience this being ever again for the rest of my days. This truly terrified me to the bone. Like when your a child with those chills of terror from head to toe that just paralyze you. Thats the fear i felt once i looked back and it was vanished. There is absolutely no doubt of what i stared at and studied for 20-25 seconds. No face, Just shoulders and a head and a large blackness falling under the shoulders, but i cant tell you if the blackness went all of the way down to the floor or not because i truly was fixated on the upper portion, but it almost resembled something made out of jet black tissue paper...there was a very minute transparency to it, but it was blacker than the rest of its surroundings. If anyone has advice for me or if you have had a similar experience please let me know. I just know i keep trying to rationalize this in my mind and there is honestly no excuse for a natural reason for what i saw. thank you in advance for any help you can provide or advice.

9 comments:

TuAmigoFiel said...

Hi there!

I read your story and it sounds like a usual apparition to me. Now, is this the first time it appears to you? How long have you lived in that house? Those things must be answered first.

You see, the "ghosts" can either come with the house or objects. Also they can be brought by some people. Have you met someone new strange, for instance? Have you anything to do with witchcraft?

"Ghosts" don't usually go away that easy. If it come with the house, it is easier to move out of the house rather than to get the "ghost" to go away.

Have questions or need more help: anmarti1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

hi
i just read ur post.i can truly say ik the feeling. one tuesday night i was sleep. around 3am my dog started to bark out of control. i look up and standing over my boyfriend was this shadow man. it took me by surprise only because ive never say a black shadow before.

Anonymous said...

hi.
I can tell you I have had an experience like this. It was one night, my sister was on her computer in the kitchen and in my house the kitchen and living room are on the same floor. Anyways, I came from the kitchen and I had popcorn with me, I went directly for the stairs to go up to my room but I had the urge to look into the living room. I don't know why, I just always seem to look before I go upstairs but since no one was in the living room, all the lights, tv, lamps, and everything was off. It was like 2 AM too so there was absolutely no light coming from the windows but as I was going to go up the stairs I saw this rather TALL and HUGE black shadow. It was no face whatsoever and that's all I remember because as soon as I saw it I got so scared I ran back into the kitchen and told my sister. She wasn't scared but after that I ran up to my room and didn't get any sleep. More weird things keep happening but I won't say it, because this comment is already too long. :)

Anonymous said...

hi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi,

I know it's been almost a year since the post, but I saw something like this (not so up-close-and-personal) about ten years ago. I was at my friend Pat's farm on what used to be a military base and part of a railroad used in the civil war, and I saw a black silhouette in the shape of a man standing in front of a spotlight on the corner of his house. Since the man-shape was completely black, it was clear as day in front of the light; he looked like he was wearing a cap that a civil war soldier would have worn and he was between 5'6" and 6'. I didn't really know what to think about it at the time. I wasn't scared, and I didn't think much of it for a while. Pat had always told me about seeing ghosts, having things moved around in his house, and hearing strange noises coming from his barn, so he wasn't surprised to see it. We watched it, and after a few minutes, it looked up and glided through one side of the house, came out the other side, and headed for the woods where it vanished.

Something that Pat told me was that a wiccan girl he knew tried to perform (without his knowing) a ritual (or spell or whatever) on the barn to attempt to block the spirits and make a barrier. When she did this, objects in the house started moving violently (like an ice pick being thrown and stuck into a wall) and the barn smelled like blood and had angry, evil sounding voices coming from inside. Granted, I was not there for that particular experience, but it tells me that it's not a good idea to try to cast spells on a thing like that; it may only aggravate the ghosts or spirits.

At the time I saw the shadow-man, I was non-religious, but it was obviously not something that could be explained away as being a physical phenomenon. If you keep having problems like this, I would recommend moving or having a Catholic priest perform an exorcism on the house. They do things like that all the time, and there are still a few priests who are actually recognized as exorcists. Not trying to pitch a sale on religion here, just saying that they have the best 'track record' for dealing with the supernatural/paranormal.

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear, any priest can do an exorcism on a house. It doesn't have to be one who is specially trained in that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

I had an experience with a shaddow person. I was asleep in the morning at about 7-9:00am and i woke up paralized to my bed! I was looking around my room with my eyes and couldnt help but notice there was a faceless black silluet staring at me at the left end of my bed. I wasn't scared at all but I felt a HUGE amount of negative energy. We stared at each other for about 10-20 seconds while i was studying what it was and next thing i knew he dissappeared and i was able to move again. I was 15 when this happened and that was about 6 months ago. it took me 6 months to finaly find out what it was!

Anonymous said...

A few years ago I was in bed when I saw a shadow crouched against the bedroom wardrobe.The shadow was solid and did not move after looking on the floor to check nothing was making the shadow like a pile of clothing I studied it for approx a minute.I could clearly see the head arched back AMD the heels sticking up.mMy partner was downstairs so I decided not to tell her as not to frighten her.When she joined me in bed I noticed the solid shadow against the wardrobe was gone.My partner was in bed for no more than a minute when terror came over as she could see a crouched shadow on the bottom of our bed.At this point I told her I had seen it as well