Monday, March 17, 2008

Spirit in the Sinister Sofa

by: Linda H

When I was in my twenties I shared a local flat with a student. Although the place was comfortable and well decorated it was the weirdest place I have ever lived in. It all started when a large oval mirror began moving by itself. Whenever I was relax or let my mind drift a loud crackling sound would be heard and sometimes the sound of rustling papers. If we moved towards the noise it would stop immediately. The disturbances became so frequent that it was difficult to sleep at night!

Early one evening we were relaxing in the lounge. The student was laying on the floor writing an essay. Suddenly I was aware that someone else was with us. I saw the white figure of a woman stood in the corner of the room. My eyes must have been like saucers but I felt no fear. To this day I vividly remember what she was wearing and how she seemed to shine. But the strangest thing of all was that where she stood was an armchair. She was standing right through it!


1 comment:

Spinningwheel said...

i know wat you mean i use to stay in a old flat having to hear a lot of furniture being shift around one floor above me every nite until one day i found out that the floor above me is not occupied. worse till my mum will get this strange dream of an old man asking her to jump down from the building and indeed we found out that there was an old man who actually committed suicide fews year back living on the floor above us......