Thursday, March 13, 2008

A very simple sighting

By: Tudor King
Location: Walsall (West Midlands)

This story might not seem all that exciting, I think you had to be there! But it is true. Having lost my father when I was very young, and then my mother only a few years later, I seemed to spend most of my youth with an unhealthy need to know, believe, see and prove there was life after death. I spent many nights of my youth in dark and spooky places, derelict houses, cemeteries, monastery ruins etc, sometimes on my own, I really wanted to see a 'ghost' As I grew older I grew out of this dark obsession, but never lost the belief and interest of the supernatural. It was only last year, sometime during summer that I lay in the bath, I had, had a busy day at work but a relaxing evening, I had been living alone for eight years and for those who have experience of life on your own, daily routine goes out the window, so at two thirty in the morning I climbed out of an hour long relaxing bath after reading my favourite music mag 'Q'. I did not drink anything but coffee that evening and only smoked normal ciggies. I dried myself down wrapped the towel around my waist and walked to the bathroom door, switched off the lights opened the bathroom door and stepped toward the hallway, the whole house was in darkness as I had already turned off all the lights. From my left a dark figure approx 5’10 walked directly in front of me, no more than two feet away at the closest point, I could easily have reached out and touched the shadow, I froze for a moment but followed it’s gliding motion has it moved to my right. No sounds, no features just a black shadow in the dark, the whole sighting lasted maybe 10 seconds, I did not feel any change in temperature although I felt a strange chill? The hairs on the back of my neck stood out. After a couple of seconds as the shadow seemed to disappear into the wall I moved towards the kitchen, about four feet from the bathroom, I stood in the hallway still staring at the wall I felt compelled to speak, “hello I did see you” I spoke out loud towards the area that the shadow had disappeared into, I really don’t know why I spoke it just seemed the right thing to do at that time. I switched on the kitchen light put on the kettle and got on with things as normal. The experience did not effect me long term, I was never afraid of the dark and this didn’t change anything. In four years living in that property it was the only strange occurrence I witnessed and to be quite honest it gave me a thrill. What did I see? Was it a trick of the light? (Walking from bright light into darkness) For those of you who have similar experience I would love to know if you felt the same emotions, i.e. scared but not for ones safety, the weird chill, the thrill and did you speak to it?

No comments: