Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Saw my Mom Who Recently Died

By: Candie

My mother died about a year and a half ago. Last month I was looking at a picture of her before I went to sleep, I held on to the picture as I slept. Before I fell asleep I started to cry, and it got so bad I started to violently shake, my whole body wracked with sobs until a warm voice filled my ears, it said:

"Honey? Baby Doll, why are you cryin' sweetie?" It was my mothers voice.

"Mommy?" I said looking up at her, and my whole room looked different:

It was now early morning and the sun shined through my window, it landed at my mom's feet, my mom was in a white gown and her hair was let down her brown eyes where soft and filled with concern.

After registering what I saw I got up off the bed and ran into my mother's arms, and cried.

"Shh baby, shh, I don't want you to be sad Baby Doll, I'm okay. It hurts me to see you down here crying like this. Shh baby shh..."

I stood there in her arms now crying tears of joy that my mom was there with me.

"I don't know how to not be sad Mama. I miss you a lot..." I sniffled into her shoulder.

"You do honey, you know how to be happy, just be my little Hollywood..."

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, my mom was gone, it was still nighttime, the time was the same as it was before I saw my mom, again I cried again, but I felt her presence in my room. I ran upstairs and I told my dad what I just saw.

No comments: